Immigration for Relatives of Refugees

South Carolina Refugee Immigration Lawyer

Each year the United States admits many refugees and asylum seekers from troubled areas of the world. The U.S. also admits their children and spouses, providing them status as a refugee or asylum seeker. This can be a complicated process that should be handled by an experienced immigration attorney.

Commitment to Helping Immigrants

As the child of immigrants,  our immigration lawyer has first-hand knowledge of the challenges people face when they come to the United States, especially if they have suffered hardship or fear in their home countries. The Pinilla Law Firm is proud to help the families of refugees.  We use our experience and our special understanding of the immigrant experience to acheive the best possible outcome for these type of cases.

What We Will Do For You

Our attorney will talk with you about the issues involved in petitioning to have your minor child or spouse come to the U.S. such as:

  • Time limits on applications: You must apply within two years of entry into the U.S. or of receipt of asylum status
  • Immigration Status: You must be an asylee, refugee, or legal permanent resident (LPR)
  • Date of Marriage: You must have been married before you applied for asylum or refugee status
  • Age of Child: Your child must have been born or conceived before you applied for asylum or refugee status
Please Note:  If you already have citizenship, refugee status is not available to your children or spouse. However, there are other types of family based immigration that may be availabe to you.  Please contact our office for a consulatation.

Call Us for Your Initial Consultation

Contact our South Carolina family-based immigration lawyer today to discuss your legal issues and schedule an initial consultation. We will give you a preliminary assessment of your case and help you understand the legal issues involved. Call us at (803) 728-0045 to schedule an appointment.

Abogado de Inmigración de Refugiados en Carolina de Sur

Cada año, los Estados Unidos reconocen a muchos refugiados y solicitantes de asilo procedentes de zonas conflictivas del mundo. Los EE.UU. también reconoce a sus hijos y cónyuges, proporcionándoles condición de refugiado o solicitante de asilo. Esto puede ser un proceso complicado que debe ser manejado por un abogado de inmigración con experiencia.

Compromiso de ayudar a los inmigrantes

Como hijo de inmigrantes, nuestro abogado de inmigración tiene conocimiento de primera mano de los problemas que enfrentan las personas cuando vienen a los Estados Unidos, especialmente si han sufrido dificultades o miedo en sus países de origen. Pinilla  Law Firm se enorgullece de ayudar a las familias de refugiados. Utilizamos nuestra experiencia y nuestro conocimiento  Para consiguir el mejor resultado posible para este tipo de casos.

¿Qué podemos hacer por usted?

Nuestro abogado hablará con usted acerca de las cuestiones relacionadas con la petición de que su hijo menor de edad o cónyuge pueda venir a los EE.UU., tales como:

  • Los plazos para las solicitudes: Usted debe solicitar dentro de los dos años de entrada en los EE.UU. o de la recepción de la condición de asilado
  • Estado de Inmigración: Usted debe ser un asilado, refugiado, o un residente legal permanente (LPR)
  • Fecha de matrimonio: Usted debe haber estado casado antes de solicitar asilo o estatus de refugiado

Contact Us Today (803) 728-0045

Appointments available in Columbia, SC

For immediate assistance please call our 24 hour emergency hotline at (803) 200-1987.


Office Locations

Columbia Office
7 Surrey Court, Suite A
Columbia, SC 29212
(803) 728-0045
(888) 502-7681 fax
Map & Directions

Service Areas

Myrtle Beach
View entire list >>